Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 09-01-2007 , 08:11 PM
Subscriber

Xbox 360 + Accessories

hey hey guys, long time know see, been following some of ure stuff, very nice progress for some of u!
Anyways i gonna start off with something light to get me back into modeling etc.
My xbox etc user added image

<a href="https://www.angelfire.com/blog/simon_hitchins/3d_models"> My Website </a>
# 2 09-01-2007 , 08:40 PM
Subscriber
Hey Magicsy,
you have been gone along time. last time i say you you were working on a bike.
Looking foward to this model user added image

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 3 09-01-2007 , 08:44 PM
Subscriber
lol yea m8, very long time maybe more than 10 months ago..
i will have some pics ready for the morning!

<a href="https://www.angelfire.com/blog/simon_hitchins/3d_models"> My Website </a>
# 4 10-01-2007 , 04:53 AM
Hey dude, good to see you back, looking forward to the XBox!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 10-01-2007 , 06:50 AM
Subscriber
user added image ello ello cheers pal, here's the very first steps.

Attached Thumbnails

# 6 10-01-2007 , 07:51 AM
Subscriber
ok still getting the shape correct, i have sharpend a few edges, and begun the creases, i dont like using sub'ds so ive done it via polys. i think the size is about right now ive tested the cd case and other buttons and the scale is about right now me thinks.
Here's a quick render.

Attached Thumbnails

# 7 10-01-2007 , 01:23 PM
Are you gonna do the core system or the $399 one cuz they do look different.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 8 10-01-2007 , 02:17 PM
wow you have been away for a long time!

welcome back m8! lookin good so far!

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 9 10-01-2007 , 02:47 PM
Subscriber
user added image user added image Matt!
Hello m8, ty
I have the core one so i will be doing that 1 yeah, i didnt know they looked different, whats the differnce anyhow?

# 10 10-01-2007 , 09:44 PM
The uber expensive one has a chrome area where the core has the dark 360 strip, and the power button is a tad different.

Attached Images

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 11 11-01-2007 , 02:29 AM
Solid start man.

Looking forward to updates

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 12 12-01-2007 , 04:05 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by magicsy
ok still getting the shape correct, i have sharpend a few edges, and begun the creases, i dont like using sub'ds so ive done it via polys. i think the size is about right now ive tested the cd case and other buttons and the scale is about right now me thinks.
Here's a quick render.

Do you mind me asking how you rendered that? It looks really cool

# 13 26-01-2007 , 01:43 AM
Subscriber
Hello there, wow looks like a cool start... cmon i wanna see some updates :p looking forward to them,

Yeah i agree with ZeroAlarm, i really love how you make the soft rendering feel on the floor/plane. ived always wanted to do that but have failed to find anything on it.

hey echo red, about the two differences and that, is there a differnece in price? lol

Marlon

# 14 27-01-2007 , 04:28 PM
Subscriber
hello guys been slow in progress, new job etc but i got stuff sorted so hopefully im back user added image
The renders are using a mental ray area light, the important thing about renders isnt so much the lights, its the materials u use, u have to play with the settings for each one, to get the right look, once finished ill try show u what i mean. user added image
anyways heres a bit of progress, took for ever to get this far cause the way the fronts curved made me not be able to use booleans, so gonna have to split poly everything user added image but its getting there.

Attached Thumbnails

# 15 27-01-2007 , 05:53 PM
Subscriber
ohh ok... cool thanks man i cant wait till you teach me that lol, i will be the happiest man since i know nothing really about mental ray etc user added image i like the render, coming along nice and i can imagen it in my head finished and marvelious user added image

"so gonna have to split poly everything but its getting there."

dam that sucks lol

Marlon