Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 04-02-2007 , 06:38 AM
jasi_hawk > 'Now i have to decide on what mother board should be purchased. can u suggest about a mother board or chipset that is pintype(removable one), or else flat type(integrated with the processor). i heard that the performance of the flat type mother boards are better than the pin type one. is it true.'

Well I'm afraid I can't tell you which motherboard to get exactly, but brands like Gigabyte are pretty good. When your choosing which motherboard, make sure that the chipset is compatible with your processor. Sometimes the socket type is the same, but its incompatible with the processor becuase different models can use the same socket and require different chipsets, RAM and stuff.

Anyways, the motherboard's chipset can't be removed for many reasons and the type of pin a processor uses cannot be chosen - your processor either uses pins or it uses LGA (Land Grid Array), which is what I assume you are reffering to when you mention 'flat type'. About performance, pins are actually better than LGA but they cost more to make for the company and therefore the buyer.

# 17 06-02-2007 , 03:15 PM
i went for purchasing my new computer.

i suddenly came across new words for me for atholon x2 such as model numbers.

looking into the cost . i have selected two processors. one of model no. 3800+ and another of no.4200+.

i want to know what does 4200 has that 3800 lacks. in what way is it superior to 3800. is that superiority a help for me.

# 18 07-02-2007 , 09:42 AM
Theres no difference between the two models other than that the 4200+'s clock frequency is 100 MHz higher than the 3800+. So the question is, do you want to pay more for a little more performance or save a bit of money for something a bit slower?

# 19 07-02-2007 , 11:58 PM
just one other question. please dont get irritated.

on the gigabyte mother board, they are giving an inbuilt graphic card. it is Nvidia Geforce 6100. is it enough for a normal maya operation or should i be purchasing an another graphic card.

rock and roll
# 20 08-02-2007 , 04:43 AM
Persoanlly I would buy a sepperate card.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 21 10-02-2007 , 08:36 AM
ok then, i will purchase that, and i will see if there is a good performance. if there is no good performance. i will buy a new card.

rock and roll