Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 16-02-2007 , 05:28 AM

proportion my uv's?

Is there a way in maya's my UV texture editor to show when the texture is in proportion like MAX. (green red notification)

Last edited by ulaoulao; 16-02-2007 at 08:14 AM.
# 2 17-02-2007 , 12:06 PM
Subscriber
Do you meant what part of the texture is taken up in the UV plane. If you hit this button you can see your texture under the UV's. Not sure if that's what you mean...

Attached Images
# 3 17-02-2007 , 12:20 PM
No, But thx. I so wanted to figure that out...

for example. If I wrap a pole with a cylindrical UV, its near perfect expert the bends in the pole. So in MAX just like Maya you adjust the pollys for that area to fix the distortion. Although in MAX the lines turn green, and red if not in proportion. It very helpful when you have very complex pollys. I'm wondering if Maya has something like this.

# 4 18-02-2007 , 02:06 AM
Senior Software Developer
In the UV Texture Editor there is a 4 grid square the top right one is the 0 - 1 layout that the UV's must lie in

The Top Image is a Default Cylindrical UV Map on a polyCylinder. The bottom image is the UV mapped into the 0 - 1 space that allows a good UV Map. Export this to whatever photo package you use.

To move the UV's just right click and choose UV and move them around.

Hope this helps.

Ooops, forgot the image

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 5 18-02-2007 , 02:07 AM
Senior Software Developer

Attached Thumbnails

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)