Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 21-03-2007 , 03:14 PM

Lamp-Need help lighting and animating

Hi

Just a wee project iv been working on this week. finished the main modeling of it and now want to move on to texturing etc. Does anyone have a good way of getting a light bulb to light like a light bulb should? so that the light source lights the scene? and can i use a simple blinn or lambert and set the transparency for the lamp shade?

I also wanted to animate it so the plug moves into the socked and the light lights up. However i do not know how to rig the plug and cable up so that when i move the plug the cable moves too? what should i start looking at to be able to do this?

well i think thats enough questions for me to get started with.

all help and crits welcome

cheers robin

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 21-03-2007 , 04:03 PM
note to self...make plug rounder hahah

# 3 22-03-2007 , 01:12 AM

Originally posted by rcb25
note to self...make plug rounder hahah

That'd help! Nice modelling! I like it a lot! KUTGW!!

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 4 22-03-2007 , 08:25 AM
Thanks. yeh il work on the plug agian. adding some more sections to round it off a bit.

with getting the bulb to light up, can i set the material of the bulb to similar to glass and then simply place a light (ambient) inside it? Then play with the transparancy of the shade to allow the light ti pass thro it?

If thats not going to work then i hvae no real clue haha and id really like to texture and render this model as im pretty happy with the way its turned out. The majority of the model is in SubD's other than the socket and plug/cable.

cheers for all the help

Robin

# 5 22-03-2007 , 06:22 PM
ok have had a play about with texturing but could not find a way to get the light to appear as if its from the bulb so that it lights the room.

I have also re-modeled the plug so that it is slightly more realistic.

I tried to put the light in situ, inside the bulb its self but could never get it to light the scene properly.

This is just a quick texture and render to show the model. (added in a previous project the glass just to fill it out).

if anyone can help me with a way to make it look like a lamp that is on that would be great!

cheers

NB can anyone tell me why the shadows are jagged? Is it one of the render settings?

robin

Last edited by rcb25; 22-03-2007 at 06:32 PM.
# 6 22-03-2007 , 06:45 PM
forgot the image...

Attached Thumbnails