Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 07-12-2002 , 10:41 AM
Subscriber

3d characters from games or movies

Has anyone tried to create a 3d character or object from a movie or a game?
Do you think that somewhere out there, are some copies of Final Fantasy The spirits within artwork in maya we could use?
I would surely like to animate any character from movies with 3d..The Monster Inc., Shrek...

Ioannis KarAvas
# 2 07-12-2002 , 03:31 PM
Subscriber
it is boring to use old characters. show some creativity and make your own. and if you ask for the model used in final fantasy you must be crazy. you will never touch the character used in the movie, unless you break in and steal them.

p.s.: and excuse my rude tone, but it is true, dont ask others to do the modeling for you.

# 3 07-12-2002 , 04:22 PM
Subscriber
I really couldn't agree more..i am sure creating new characters would be great........and i don't wanna use old characters just improve them.. user added image
I'm still newbie anyway..and know that there is no way to touch in my hands the real characters in FF..but i am sure that there is someone out there, propably someone that worked in the project who still keeps some files in his computer....
user added image
Hoping is good...

Ioannis KarAvas
# 4 07-12-2002 , 05:41 PM
the original files of Final Fantasy are really well secured... . I 'm sure that all the files of the film are kept where they have been created. No chance for u.

When my Mike is finished you maybe can have him for animation- if you tell evrybody who modelled himuser added image

CU morpher
# 5 08-12-2002 , 08:30 AM
Subscriber
Sure!, The only problem though (not with your cartoon..), is that always the creator isn't so much known..take for example FF (some of you will say: THAT:S ENOUGH NO MORE FF user added image ), does anybody know who (propably many people but some at least) created and worked hours and hours in that project? It's unfair.
A little out of topic.....

Ioannis KarAvas
# 6 08-12-2002 , 05:11 PM
Subscriber
If you're talking about the Final Fantasy movie, simply watch the credits and look for a 3D artist. The same goes for any FF game. Beat it, then watch the credits. Of course, there's a slim chance that you'll even get to contact that person, though, and no chance of you getting any files from them as said before.

# 7 08-12-2002 , 07:09 PM
The Maya Mountain
yeah, companies have legal holdings on their material... just publishing them anywhere costs money. You can bet they got some cash for their Maxim models for example.

# 8 09-12-2002 , 12:00 PM
i had a dream the other night that Sony Imageworks released their fully rigged spiderman mesh to the public for free

how sad am i? user added image

# 9 09-12-2002 , 03:05 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Tolerate
i had a dream the other night that Sony Imageworks released their fully rigged spiderman mesh to the public for free

how sad am i? user added image

you want to break your NDA user added image

say no more or you might get into trouble. user added image