Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-04-2007 , 08:01 PM

Slow mouse cursor tracking speed in Maya

I set my tracking speed for the mouse cursor to be pretty fast.
Whenever I open Maya, and using it, the tracking speed slows down.

Any ideas how to solve this?

# 2 08-04-2007 , 06:07 PM
i've noticed similar behavior while switching between windows, windows media player, photoshop, maya, and mozilla firefox. each program seems to create its own 'mouse speed'.

i have a logitech optical mouse, but without the 'wheelman' drivers installed, because i now have xp and the mouse is USB and a windows update recommended an upgrade that wasn't logitech related.

are you using a logitech mouse, or is it just me? anyone else have a logitech mouse problem?

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 08-04-2007 , 06:34 PM
Now that you mentioned it, this strange behaviour only started with I installed the Logitech drivers for my mouse.

I'm using Logitech MX510

# 4 09-04-2007 , 07:14 PM
I'm a wireless Logitech MX1000 too. No problems with track speed when I installed the driver for this mouse.

So I surmise it might be a driver problem.

# 5 09-04-2007 , 07:39 PM
Senior Software Developer
Hey Guys.

I work in Support for a Big UK Bank and we had issues with the Logitech Mouseware Drivers version 9 and over on NT/2000 and XP

If you remove the driver (you don't need them btw) and the mouseware appliaction all will be well again.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)