Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 61 08-01-2003 , 08:06 AM
Just opened up a new school at Univ. Texas @ Dallas. Had a quick look over the core to it and decided to give maya 4.5 PLE a try. I haven't turned back since and haven't been happier.

Institute of Interactive Arts and Enginnering

School doesn't officially become a registered school at UT@ Dallas until fall of 2003, but I'm in a bunch of the required classes now and should graduate in spring 2004. Living right down the highway from id games doesn't hurt either, and being in Silicon valley of the south:banana: (Dallas) is another plus. I gotta take advantage of it somehow user added image

# 62 03-08-2005 , 07:32 PM
Damon Riesberg. He's a 3d webcomic maker.

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 63 04-08-2005 , 11:00 AM
Dear Dr. Settler, my dear Dr. Grant,wellcome to Jusrassic Park!

I was like 7 or 8 years old when my dad took me for the first time to the theatre,Jurassic Park was on!
The very first scene with Brahiosaurus has blowned my mind, it looked so real!
Then the scene with t-rex! My God...
Several years passed since when I got my first 3D application-the 3D Studio r2.0 I think...
I didnt had a clue about 3D, it was my first contact with CG.
Created couple of primitives, my dream was to make the camera move.
With no internet,and no one to help I started digging by my own.My first animation was like 3,4 sec long snapshot...probably some 160*120...damn I was so proud!
Maya came a year ago and it was THE DAY!

# 64 04-08-2005 , 12:02 PM
ice age,finding nemo,monster's inc,the matrix and lord of the rings

# 65 08-08-2005 , 02:28 PM
Subscriber
As i've only just come across this thread i haven't read the replies yet, however i'm assuming jurassic park came up loads. It always does.

However for me it wasn't really any movie or video game, it was something i should be ashamed of. I originally got into 3d simply becuase i thought it'd be an easy career path, not the best reason i know. That however seriously backfired on me anyway as i was soon to learn that life in the CG industry is nothing short of hard work. But by the time i'd realised this it was too late, i was hooked and loved 3d more than anything (well, almost anything)

# 66 08-08-2005 , 03:00 PM
Subscriber
Shrek 2, ice age and incrediblesuser added image

# 67 10-08-2005 , 10:05 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
My comicbook character: Kokonut.
I thought 'bout animate him...then I've planned lots of other chars...

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 68 10-08-2005 , 11:41 PM
Oh, also Crazy Frog's "Axel F" song inspired me the most. That annoying little frog is awesome user added image Does anyone know whether or Maya was used to make that music video? It's pretty cool.

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 69 20-08-2005 , 05:06 AM
Banned
lord of the rings - since its made in nz user added image

# 70 26-08-2005 , 09:32 PM
Looking over someone's shoulder that was doing maya at the NCCamp in Atlanta. I was going to learn programming, and I did learn some Basic and C++, but that inspired me to learn anim.

# 71 27-08-2005 , 01:10 PM
once i started watching anime, i was like "damn i wanna do that one day" so i started getting into it seriously this year ^^

# 72 30-08-2005 , 10:38 PM
I play a lot of racing games. The F1 games from EA have tons of mods available, from full mods to individual cars, livery, helmets, etc.

One of my favorite cars (the Ferrari F50-GT) is not available yet, so I thought I'd try my hand at making it. Step 1 is making it in Maya; getting it into the game is a whole new thing.

# 73 31-08-2005 , 02:29 PM
Subscriber
F50, is that your car in your avatar? NICE.........WOW! But what got me started into it was I was just walking around in barnes and noble one day and looking for a book that had something fun in it that I could learn. But I guess what kept me going is ultimately SM. They have helped so much. Thanks kevin, awsome site.

# 74 06-09-2005 , 04:23 AM

Originally posted by alienscience
F50, is that your car in your avatar? NICE.........WOW!

Yep, that's my baby. Can't wait for SM's Ferrari DVD; that will be one of my winter projects.

# 75 06-09-2005 , 07:17 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Well waddya know: The original Star Wars movie!! and I was only 7 at the time, although Ive alway been able to draw since I was about 3. And I always excelled at it, at school. But I saw that film, and that was it, my dad also worked at the studios in Elstree at the time so its a little different for me, its not just a geek thing!! I really wanted to go to film school at Pinewood but we couldnt afford it.:hug:

But hey Im happy with what I do and Im inspired alot by those movies in particular. I dont think we wouldve had Maya and the likes of it for another 10years or maybe more if it wasnt for ILM et al

Jay