Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 106 11-10-2008 , 04:28 AM
Managed to do some more work on the shaders. Big thanks to Jay for the advice for the tongue shader.

Attached Thumbnails
# 107 11-10-2008 , 04:46 AM
Super Moderator
I can't really see the tongue in that shot :x

- Genny
# 108 11-10-2008 , 05:52 AM
hey leon - this is looking mad - nice job mate! user added image

and i liked the animation too - well done.

# 109 11-10-2008 , 06:24 AM

Originally posted by GecT
I can't really see the tongue in that shot :x

Yup. Cant see any difference really

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 110 13-10-2009 , 12:14 PM
As with the Batman stuff I am trying to set up scenes and get some decent renders of work for my portfolio. Have set up this scene for Venom although I am hoping to get a test going with realflow. Not sure if it will work but have been watching some vids and am hopeing that is I run a simulation I can get the sewage to be dripping from his body and the walls. Will also try to add some rubbish around the place to give it more of a sewer feel and maybe have a rat running up side.

Any thought or suggestions are appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails
# 111 14-10-2009 , 06:28 AM
Subscriber
First off your work looks great! I love the texturing job on venom.

The only thing I see is that it seems like the light source behind Venom should be stronger than the one in front of him. It looks like he's transiting from a bright area to a darker one (foward). Maybe add in a stronger source of light (not real lights per se but overhead lights or something) from the front or play with the lights lighting Venom to give him a dimmer front and more of a backlit look.

anyway Keep up the great work it looks awesome!

Cheers!

~To create a new world through the imagination