Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 24-06-2007 , 11:41 PM

Does anyone know who is the author of this entry?

Hello everybody.

It is very important for me to know, as there is someone who claims he created it himself, but I have a hard time believing him.

I will link you to the original page where this claim is made.

https://www.panet.co.il/ysc.php?ac=sh...category_id=17

I believe that guy did create the first 3 drawings, but the "jump" in quality in the other characters makes me doubt it.
Does anyone know who is the author of the 4th, 5th entries?

Thanks for the help in advance.

# 2 25-06-2007 , 12:01 AM
Subscriber

# 3 25-06-2007 , 12:23 AM
Subscriber
well in the z brush forum the art has put down France as his location. this guys work is pretty well known.
for this pic.
user added image

but looking though his message history and his site there is no mention of this image what so ever

user added image

makes me sad to see people cheat the artists like this

# 4 25-06-2007 , 01:29 AM
Thank you so much people!

I checked the site myself, this artist is amazing.
It's really sad how people "steal" other people's hard work. What's more sad is that this article is published in my town's local newspaper. This kid is 20 years old and he claims he made those images.

I myself work with 3ds/rhino/PS and still can't hope to reach a fragment of Maddam's skill level.

Now I going to wreak havoc on those liers!!!!! :angery:

# 5 25-06-2007 , 01:52 AM
that makes me mad,
its so obvious he is lying, and he added the original render screenshots into Maya using photoshop(it says the first one was rendered in 3 seconds, quite a mistake, lol)
also it is distorted horizontally, and Maya doesn't do this, it changes the size in both dimensions equally.
quite a few obvious mistakes ^_^

does the real creator know about this?

https://highend3d.com/users/87086.html?t=gallery
^^that guy made the other model

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com

Last edited by Joopson; 25-06-2007 at 01:55 AM.
# 6 25-06-2007 , 02:24 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Joopson
does the real creator know about this?

they both do now - emailed them both.

I`m sorry I hope someone would do the same for me

(verrr right as if someone would steal my work)

Last edited by tweetytunes; 25-06-2007 at 02:26 AM.
# 7 25-06-2007 , 02:53 AM
Thank you guys to informed me about this.

I am the artist that did the design and the 3D work for the weird tentacle man :°. and yes i'm frenchuser added image

i don't know what this guy want to do with that but at least he should do some research before posting some stuff like that.
His false maya screenshot is a really good joke (really make me laugh to see such stupid man) since i made it in modo and did a lot of post work (pass and colorcorrect) in combustion. so there is no way to get this result staight from maya.

anyway, i'm glad that you people tell me about him. I will try to see what i can do (not much i guess since i can't read anything user added image)

best
Damien Canderle

# 8 25-06-2007 , 03:03 AM
Yeah, It happened to me too. Some other 'MasterYoda' claimed my work...I got mad...after all the hard work and time I used. :angery:

May the force be with you

MSN: markjborg@hotmail.com

My Official Portfolio

Mark Julian Borg
# 9 25-06-2007 , 03:10 AM
Subscriber
yea and the first shot looks just like a smoothed version of that free downloaded devil cartoon by coolduck right from this site.

oh and
ses bien de savoir il y a des gens français dans ce site:attn:

-Dan

# 10 25-06-2007 , 03:16 AM
The first image that Tweets posted is called birdgage (if i remember correctly) by Sebastien Sonet, the second (the davey jones crew) is by Damien Canderle, so it aint the same guy.

Ive had a pic that ive done used as a ref before, bit mad.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 11 25-06-2007 , 05:59 AM
Subscriber
just have to say nice way to step up and nice to meet the real creator ..cheers

# 12 25-06-2007 , 06:02 AM
Subscriber
@ walash84

is there any chance you can translate that page for us so we can read what the guy is saying

# 13 25-06-2007 , 06:09 AM
just go to google's translation tools, and enter the URLuser added image

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 14 25-06-2007 , 06:16 AM
Subscriber
i just did it.
this guy is a fraud.
and its a publuc news paper where he was interviewd.

Last edited by vladimirjp; 25-06-2007 at 06:18 AM.
# 15 25-06-2007 , 06:34 AM
Subscriber
thx

for those who cant be arsed (me think the translation alit off)

"Seeing art design on the computer for a young artist Tibaoui

Khalid Haji Yahya, aged 20 years, of good, used computer masterfully designs and manufactures Algarfique that pulls both seen, for it to be like Al show on the table in front of you, while still on the computer screen.

Khalid says in a letter to the newspaper Panorama Pint : my hobby three years ago, and I design three-dimensional forms in a professional manner fantastic.

Some forms were designed by three-dimensional professionals who work in the area of world cinema personalities such as designers, Harry Potter and others. Myself design itself and the same details and application have pictures of the scene of action in the program for some designs attached.

The name of the program that I designed these images attached it called "Maya" and used to work with him Alvotoshoub fabrics any "Tekesthar" forms.

It is considered one of the best programs for the design of three-dimensional program, which requires professionalism and practice, including through my best for a long time on this program until they reached this degree of professionalism.

I bought books from outside the country great through the internet as a tool to examine this program and apply the lessons of books and reading.

And made a great effort to become professionals in the use of this program Algeravi ... as well as some forms designed you done in a more than a week, sometimes a month. " - or as soon as I can download an image and put it in photoshop

cheeky git and what really cracks me up is the comments afterwards 91 reply all looking like they are really proud of him for doing so well

but my fav is

num 51 = "Good luck, God sweetest What good are useless" - I think that really sums him up

Last edited by tweetytunes; 25-06-2007 at 06:50 AM.