Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 04-08-2007 , 01:00 AM

hiccup rendering from dos

Would anyone know what would disable me from batchrendering some 6.5 maya files from dos?

I've set all the parameters within the file itself and decided to render through dos

C:\New\Projects>render test.mb

mental ray for Maya 6.5
mental ray: version 3.4.1.5, 27 Dec 2004
Error: File not found.: ./test.mb
Error: Scene was not loaded properly, please check the scene name
mental ray: wallclock 0:00:02.69 total
mental ray: allocated 1 MB, max resident 2 MB

I know the file is in this directory so it should be loading ok. This only happens with a few of them.

# 2 04-08-2007 , 11:40 AM
What was the code that you put in?

Also not too sure but is the / right, should it not be \??

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 04-08-2007 , 07:26 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
This is probably a very stupid NOOB question, but here goes....Why would you render from DOS, isn't it easier to do so in maya ?

edit;
And gster; i think your right about this \ instead of /.(i know because i'm always looking for that thing on the keyboard when i need it:p )

Last edited by mastone; 04-08-2007 at 07:29 PM.
# 4 04-08-2007 , 07:43 PM
you render from DOS as it lets you render without maya open (or any other programme), i.e you use all the CPU and ram that your system has

# 5 04-08-2007 , 07:50 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
But to my knowledge when you render something that's worth while, the renderer will always take all the juice out of your computer and you have to find another hobby for a couple of hours, or is this different when you render from DOS.
And MAYA doesn't use much processor power when idle(like 2% on my comp), and you can go in the render globals, check the file you want to render, playblast any animations and so on

# 6 04-08-2007 , 07:57 PM
You have maya open and it takes, sat 300meg of RAM rendering from DOS frees up that.

Trust me its faster.