Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 07-08-2007 , 07:25 AM
Subscriber

Avi ouput issue

Hello,
When saving out the animation as an avi, the avi file does not play in media player.

The avi gets saved as for eg. "test.avi.tmp or test.avi.ng"

I did try using various encoders (cinepak, indeo etc)

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

# 2 07-08-2007 , 07:29 AM
Dont renderas an .avi, have a look in the basics forum on how to render a movie.

Rendering to the .avi format is more trouble than its worth, you get a huge file size, loose all of the work if it crashed/encounters and error when rendering etc etc

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 07-08-2007 , 02:11 PM
Subscriber
Thanks.

I can render a sequence of images and later convert them into an avi maybe using max or some editing s/w.

However I was looking at cutting down the steps and keeping it simple as the animation is just as a trial and not a final presentation.

Regs.

# 4 07-08-2007 , 05:53 PM
Subscriber
Hey Btw,
I tried to render out an animation as a .mov file and there simply isnt an option in render settings.
Theres .jpg, .tiff, .avi but no .mov.....

Do one have to have a quicktime player loaded to have the encoder installed?
If yes, shouldnt maya install the encoder itself?

Thanks

Last edited by njon; 07-08-2007 at 06:03 PM.
# 5 07-08-2007 , 07:45 PM
Subscriber
njon, you have to have the full version of Quicktime to make a .MOV. I don't belive Maya does Quicktime. I believe what gster123 is telling you is not to try and render a movie, but to render .TIF of TGA and composite it in another package. As he mentioned if Maya chokes on it at least you have what it has already rendered and won't have to redo them.

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).