Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-08-2007 , 07:18 AM

another fur problem! (painting fur)

hi again guys!

I got another fur problem!! user added image

I have a poly sphere with long fur on it, it comes out fine when i render it but now i'm trying to style it so when i try to use the paint fur attributes tool to change the length on a certain area on the sphere the fur goes short all over as soon as i click on the paint fur attributes tool! and its short when i render also

does anyone know what's going on??

help greatly appreciated! thanks guys

# 2 08-08-2007 , 09:04 AM
Subscriber
You need to flood the sphere with value 1 in the paint attributes (make sure you have the solid brush selected), this will set all the fur to length 1. Then leaving the paint fur tool go to the fur attributes and set the length map multiplier to the longest that you want the fur to be.

Now when you go back into the paint fur tool, Maya will see the new map multiplier number as paint attribute value 1 so you can paint the fur shorter by lowering the paint attribute value.

For instance if you have set the length map multiplier to 10 you need to set the paint attribute value to 0.1 to paint fur length 1.

I hope that makes sense,

Mat.

# 3 08-08-2007 , 09:24 PM
It does make sense thanks so much man! I don't think i would have ever figured that out, but yeh works now cheers

and congrats on your 1000th post haha

thanks for replying to my threads man i'm sure i'll have more fur problems shortly lol