Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 04-09-2007 , 03:36 AM

Spline IK/Curve animation problem

Hi--

I'm trying to animate the curve (as shown in the following pictures) to control the animation of the bound skin. However, no matter whether I set keyframes manually or auto-keyframe, the CVs don't get animated over time, and thus neither does the geometry.

This has got to be easier than I'm making it. Can someone please help?

TIA,

--Tim

I also posted this in the Newbie Forum (for which I qualify, but maybe the subject does not). Tried to delete it, but didn't have the authority.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 04-09-2007 , 06:10 AM
i don't see the problem - in the second pic it looks fine.

# 3 04-09-2007 , 06:36 AM

Originally posted by arran
i don't see the problem - in the second pic it looks fine.

The pics are just for illustration. The problem is that I don't seem to be able to animate this transformation.

I expect i'm doing something really stupid--it's been known to happen.

# 4 04-09-2007 , 06:45 AM
how are you setting keys - are you making sure you have the joint selected and then just pressing s? don't know too much about animation i'm afraid...

# 5 04-09-2007 , 07:46 AM

Originally posted by arran
how are you setting keys - are you making sure you have the joint selected and then just pressing s? don't know too much about animation i'm afraid...

Using Shift W and Shift E, usually. But I'm selecting the curve, rather than the joint.

OK, I tried selecting the joint and several methods of setting keys--still nothing.

--Tim

# 6 04-09-2007 , 07:50 AM
and you've been moving the time slider, right...?

I don't know mate - hopefully someone with a bit more experience and brains will reply. user added image

# 7 04-09-2007 , 07:58 AM
Thanks anyway, arran!

--Tim

# 8 04-09-2007 , 08:03 AM