Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 28-09-2007 , 02:01 PM
Subscriber

Displacement map problem

Hello there,

For some reason when i am trying to connected my displacement map to my texture it says this,

"// Warning: 'lambert2.outColor' is already connected to 'lambert2SG.displacementShader'."

how do i connected them together?

[EDIT]

Also where is lambert2SG?

thanks,

Marlon

Last edited by marlonjohn; 28-09-2007 at 02:08 PM.
# 2 29-09-2007 , 03:07 AM
If you open up the hypershade and go along to shading groups it should be in there. I have attached a pic showing where to assign it. Also I advise graphing the network since for some reason it sometimes also applies a bump node to the shading group which you will want to delete.

Hope this helps,

Leon

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 02-10-2007 , 09:56 PM
Subscriber
Hey Leon, sorry for the late reply and thanks for telling me where it is. I tried assigning it to where you told me to so and it worked though, it was doing it where i didn't want it to :p Ill just have to fiddle around with it until it works perfect...

Also if you don't mind, can you take a picture of how its meant to look like in the Hyper shade itself where they link etc?

Thanks again,

Marlon J

# 4 02-10-2007 , 11:10 PM
Hope this helps mate.

Cheers,

Leon

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 03-10-2007 , 01:18 AM
Subscriber
Was going to post again how to connected them as i was ripping my hair out how to connect them and finally figured it out user added image

Just got another question, why and how did you connect the object to the initialshadinggroup, like where do you middle click into?

Thanks,

# 6 03-10-2007 , 03:01 AM
Every material has a initial shading group. If you create a blinn you will find the initial shading group for it under the initial shading group tab in the hypershade.

Cheers,

Leon