Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-11-2007 , 01:54 PM

Wireframe render is killing me

Quick question. I'm trying to remember how to render the wireframe on my object so i can post up my mesh. How are you guys doing it? I used to do in in playblast and using the vector render. I can't believe I forgot!

EA Games
# 2 03-11-2007 , 06:44 PM
Subscriber
usually what most people do is make the wireframe on shaded visible, and then just take a screen shot, paste it in photoshop and save it. Thats the easiest way to do a wireframe shot.

or you can do the vector render like you said

Do a wireframe render of your model. I came across a site with the instructions here: https://www.olivervisualfx.com/Optimized_Rendering.htm

Here are the instructions copied over (you need the vectorrender.mll plug in turned on Windows>Setting/Preferences>Plug-in Manager)

-Window -> Preferences-> Plugin Manager

-Turn VectorRender.mll on

Go to render globals-> open Maya Vector tab

for wireframe render

Render Globals:

File Name Prefix: "Your_image_name"

Frame/Anim Ext: name.#.ext

Image format: Targa

Start and end frame

Maya Vector TAB:

Appearance Options:

Curve Tolerance= 0

Detail Level Preset:

Automatic or High Quality (blurs the lines)

* = Fill Objects

Fill Style: Single Color

= Show Back Faces (On or Off depends on your goal, I would leave it on)

* = Include Edges

Edge weight=Hair

or 0.200 (any value, makes the wireframe’s line width thicker)

Edge Style = Outline

* = Edge Detail:

Heres my vector render, they're pretty cool, look kind of hand animated, old cartoon style
user added image