Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 03-02-2008 , 12:33 PM

How do I change the resolution of textures in the viewport?

I'm trying to texture an object by moving around a projected picture file to the right place, but the image shows up fuzzy in the viewport. Is there a way to change it so I don't have to render each time to see a clearer image?

Thanks!

# 2 03-02-2008 , 03:29 PM
Select the material that's on the object (blinn, lambert or whatever). In the attribute editor, scroll down to a tab called "Hardware Texturing". Have a look at the tabs; one will let you specify what texture you see (colour is the default, you can also see your bump, spec etc if you want).

Another one lets you set your viewport resolution for that material's texture.

cheers,

gubar

# 3 03-02-2008 , 03:46 PM
Subscriber
go to 'hardware texturing' in the AE and after selecting the object and going to the shader node) and use default.., or the highest resolution.

use colour.., the tab above.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 4 04-02-2008 , 12:03 AM
Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for.