Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 10-02-2008 , 08:37 AM
Subscriber

I`ll be joining Workshop Course

Hey guys i`ll be joining the workshop course for zbrush sculpting with Cesar Dacol Jr, very cool he has done character work for 300, the wild, fantastic four and so on...

So i`m posting this just because i`m so excited about this course.

And because i love to learn from masters user added image

https://workshops.cgsociety.org/courses/000063/

# 2 10-02-2008 , 09:35 AM
SM Tea Boy
Question if we offered similar courses here with instructors at the same ish level, at a lower price would you take them?

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 10-02-2008 , 09:51 AM
Subscriber
If there are at the level that i`m looking for yes.

As you see that i have registered in 2005, i have followed the courses here. But due to the level of the tutorials i have found that i feel more attracted to buy digital tutors or gnomon online, and now with masters of the Workshop at CGS.

the only reason that i`m more interested in these sites now is that they also do dynamics, rigging, cloth, fluid and so much more...

SM seems to stick with modelling and texturing, and i think a couple simple rigging. And i have past this level for maya. Well if you for example would include more advanced features, i would love to spend my points here.

Also what would be interesting is indeed create a special class with a limited amount of members so the master can help the individuals much better. Rather then just a video tutorial.

Btw i still have 50 points left from 3 years ago user added image so yes i want to spend them. But i haven`t found an interesting tutorial to spend them on.

Thanks for your reply user added image

I didn`t intended to spam for cgs, as it was Zbrush related.

And if you guys do have these things here at lower prices, hell yes i would love to join.

Also i dont remember if you guys also use paypal, but having this function would attract me even more, as i use this for everything. You guys would even attract more as paypal will accept normal bank cards in europe.

# 4 10-02-2008 , 10:44 AM
SM Tea Boy
We do use paypal user added image

Thanks for your input, we are looking to create some workshops and DVD's for advanced users in the near future.

As you see we are aimed mainly at newbies at the moment.

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 10-02-2008 , 12:02 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Congrats on the course Aiko user added image

Have a killer time!

@David: I believe that I would also like to see some more in depth tutorials on this site. The ones you have are great, but not really my thing.. I like realistic stuff. Like you would expect to see in production (and I know allot of other people do too) But All the tutorials on this site seem to be more Cartoon based.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 6 10-02-2008 , 12:06 PM
Jr.Who
Sounds fun. Have a good time, Aiko!

David, yeah, SM needs different tuts. Speaking of moving forward, when is Simply3DWorld coming? Any news on it yet?

# 7 10-02-2008 , 12:23 PM
Cool man,

If I had a bit of spare time form my studies I would fancy one of those courses.

I would also like to see some more advenced tuts, lighting, MEL scripting etc

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 8 10-02-2008 , 12:32 PM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by Jr.Who
Sounds fun. Have a good time, Aiko!

David, yeah, SM needs different tuts. Speaking of moving forward, when is Simply3DWorld coming? Any news on it yet?

Started work on this again just this week user added image In fact i just copied 10gig's worth of attachments back into the database for the vb 3.6.8 upgrade

David

# 9 10-02-2008 , 04:14 PM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by David
Started work on this again just this week user added image In fact i just copied 10gig's worth of attachments back into the database for the vb 3.6.8 upgrade

David

Awesome! Good to hear some news on it! Do you have any dates set yet?

# 10 11-02-2008 , 02:39 AM
Subscriber
thx guys, i wish it started tomorrow thou user added image really cant wait.

# 11 11-02-2008 , 03:41 AM
SM Tea Boy
No date yet, however in about a week from now I'll be looking for some beta testers. I'll shoot you a private message on the site when we're ready. If you'd like to help out with testing the new site your input would be appreciated.

David

# 12 11-02-2008 , 03:48 AM
Subscriber
i would not mind helping out, thou only a couple of hours a week, as at the moment i have so much work to do.

If you want, i`ll be standing attention. user added image

# 13 11-02-2008 , 04:27 AM
Jr.Who
I think a lot of members here would like to contribute to that!

I have some testing experience, so it'll be OK for me.