Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 20-04-2008 , 05:38 AM

fbx exports help

I'm doing a few fbx exports and getting errors.

my output window is generic.

(kFailure): Unexpected Internal Failure: (kFailure): Unexpected Internal Failure
(kFailure): Unexpected Internal Failure: (kFailure): Unexpected Internal Failure

the warning window shows.

Unable to find the bind pose for : / character_Joints / Hips / Spine. No bind poses in the hierarchy containing the object will be exported.
Unable to find the bind pose for : / character_Joints / Hips / Spine / Spine1. No bind poses in the hierarchy containing the object will be exported.

and much more joints....

I get this after my rigging was complete.

Anyone have a thought.

::also I see the fbx exporter does not support constraints correctly. Is there an exporter or plugin that would allow this? I have a lot of options but need something other then MB or MA.

Last edited by ulaoulao; 20-04-2008 at 04:30 PM.
# 2 21-04-2008 , 07:47 AM
Subscriber
It looks like you didnt rig it correctly.

As it says what is wrong, cant find the bind pose, so that means you IK handles are twisting the bindpose.

Look at your bones, and if there is a rotation in there, then you let the bones been twisted.

That is what i think. i could be wrong.

# 3 21-04-2008 , 12:10 PM
OK ill try to check this out. The IK was created from a plugin So its possible it was done wrong.

Let me ask, I had to go in after the rigging and rotate the bones with out modifying the pose. I had to do this because I wanted to constrain my mesh to a joint. Could this have done it? I could go back and undo the rotate and constrain with the offset feature i never saw the first time.

If in fact this is the case do the bones need to by 0,0,0? would freezing work?

# 4 21-04-2008 , 01:35 PM
Subscriber
Yes bones rotation have to be 0.0.0. to be able to be in a Bind pose.

However, in 2k8 you can have multiple bind poses, so this means they will not be on 0.0.0.

I have not gotten the opportunity to test this out, so i might be very wrong about this now.

So it could be that its your rotated bone, or the constraints, maybe try to go back and undo it, and make a small export test.