Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 04-01-2003 , 07:53 PM
Subscriber

Textures in photoshop.. how?

Is there any information available on how the create textures for Maya in Photoshop? Not just simple dirt textures, but more like ramp-textures. For example for eyes, advanced skin etc. ?

# 2 07-01-2003 , 07:29 PM
Subscriber
There doesnt seem to be any replies to this post. Silly question ?

Kühl
# 3 07-01-2003 , 07:37 PM
no, try posting in a section where more people read.....

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win your still retarded.
# 4 07-01-2003 , 07:45 PM
The Maya Mountain
Sorry, didn't see this post.

When I create textures in Photoshop, I usually use photo-reference materials to grab from. For example, if I'm making a character wearing jeans, I'll take my digital camera and snap a pic of a pair of jeans. Then, take that photo into Photoshop, and use it to create a texture of jeans for my 3D character. You can also use the tools in Photoshop to make some pretty cool stuff from scratch. Just a matter of practice. user added image

Good luck!

# 5 07-01-2003 , 08:49 PM
Subscriber
Ok... thanks Mike.

I will start playing around a bit in Photoshop.

Kühl