Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 06-06-2008 , 01:43 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

Please dont do it!!

# 2 06-06-2008 , 03:10 PM
Subscriber
Admittedly they aint the best films going, but at least they are pretty, can't wait to see this next one.

Chris

# 3 06-06-2008 , 03:25 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I think they should make a rule that no one can make more than 3 installments/sequels/prequels of a movie.
Just a thought.....:p

# 4 06-06-2008 , 09:53 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
yeah

it ruined star wars.......

# 5 07-06-2008 , 01:30 AM
oh god, 3 was unbearable... now this?

oh yeah, I'm back (into programming, at least)

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 6 07-06-2008 , 03:23 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
I actually enjoyed Spiderman 3! Though I agree, a number 4 is probably pushing it!

Though, to be honest... Theres only 3 movies I'm interested in this year.

The Happening

Strangers

X-Files 2

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 7 07-06-2008 , 09:31 AM
19 year Veteran
I haven't seen Spiderman 3, and I'm glad. I don't plan on seeing any future sequels either. The first 2 were enough.

# 8 07-06-2008 , 12:18 PM
I think maybe they should have stopped at 3 and turned it into a mini series-hehe it looks like its heading in that direction now anyway, as for the cgi-it was really sweet though, I mean the guys who created that red haired thing in the spidey films was a genius.
mayaniac? I though the xfile had died? for real this time...

# 9 07-06-2008 , 03:40 PM
spiderman 4, indiana jones 4.... meh.

i mean i just don't get it - these films appeal to me about as much as... sex and the city.

i guess i might watch them for nostalgia's sake if they came on tv and i was bored... but i don't even think those films i loved when i was a kid have stood the test of time. yes, i'm looking at you star wars.

i mean, i just think it's odd to have the same tastes that you had as a kid. i wouldn't listen to the same music i listened to as a kid, so why film?

# 10 07-06-2008 , 04:10 PM
Subscriber
Personally i am pumped to see some more spidery action. I never watched the third one fully (sorta half watched it) so the experience is not ruined yet.
Although the constant Comic-movie transition is getting a little bit old. I wish someone would come up with an original idea.
Also, am i the only person who actually enjoyed the first (new) star wars?

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 11 07-06-2008 , 04:21 PM

Originally posted by Some Guy
Also, am i the only person who actually enjoyed the first (new) star wars?

The Phantom Menace?

Personally, I couldn't stand Jar Jar... they should have tossed him out an airlock... *evil grin*

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 12 07-06-2008 , 04:54 PM
Heh Some Guy no you arent mate I liked it too. being a long time SW fan from the beginning I think theres stuff that should have been done differently for the prequels though. I dont think the whole jar jar thing was great though it was'okay' and technically it was a bloody superb integration into the movie and done before Gollum pushed it to another level, nonetheless it was still an enjoyable movie.

people get on their high horse when the crit starts on the big shows which is fair enough but ya know theres not alot of great movies in between. Lets rear the ugly head of Speedracer of late, is anyone telling me that it was better than Indiana Jones? I think not!! the amount of critical whining done on Jones surely cant compare to that of SR....

anyway spidey 4...I think not, unless it surpasses Spidey 3 in every area

Jay

# 13 07-06-2008 , 07:29 PM
19 year Veteran

Jay wrote:

being a long time SW fan from the beginning I think theres stuff that should have been done differently for the prequels though. I dont think the whole jar jar thing was great though it was'okay' and technically it was a bloody superb integration into the movie and done before Gollum pushed it to another level, nonetheless it was still an enjoyable movie.

The only thing I dissliked about the prequels was the cereal acting. While technically they were superb, I still think the Classic trilogy had way better craftsmanship. They really had to work hard to make the effects look good and believeable, and they were character driven to boot which is a plus in my book. I don't know how cereal acting could ever appeal to anybody.

Last edited by THX1138; 07-06-2008 at 07:40 PM.
# 14 08-06-2008 , 12:22 AM
Well I wont dispute a word there dude!

You could say 'Love' is a key word for those first three movies, pure and simple

Jay