Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 27-07-2008 , 08:45 AM

camera image plane unrenderable?

Is there a way to make a camera image plane unrenderable? I want to see it in my viewport (I need to do a 720x540 center extract from a 1920x1080 shot - and I made an image template for framing), but not have it show up when I render. For workflow reasons I'd rather not have to simply remember to turn it off every time I render...

-John

# 2 27-07-2008 , 08:49 AM
By "Turn it off" Do you mean hiding it? Because if not, then you could just hide it, render, and press 'z' twice. Unless you're rendering alot then it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

But there may be a way! Just wait for someone who knows more than I.

EDIT: Wait.. disregard that, because I didn't see it said camera image plane. user added image So I think that invalidates my suggestion.