Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 24-08-2008 , 12:18 AM

NURBS to Polygon Problem! help!

Hi Everyone

Still nubin' around with maya, and trying out all the free tutorials and getting better and better.. I guess... user added image

I'm doing the Cartoon Dog by Kurt Boulitier and I'm at the stage where every piece is converted into polygons etc, you know the drill.

I running maya 2008, which ofc isn't the version Kurt is using in that tutorial, so I'm having a hard time finding the various tools etc. When the dogs head and neck is to be merged Kurt uses the Boolean operation which I found in -> Polygons -> Mesh -> Boolean (think it's right?)

but...

When I use the Union tool both the head and the neck disappears. Pretty stuck at this point! Help me pls user added image a high five to the one who can enlighten me

- mdl

# 2 24-08-2008 , 12:56 AM
Jr.Who

# 3 24-08-2008 , 01:07 AM
Erm.. I must admit I'm really new at this.

How does cleanup work?

still not working.

# 4 24-08-2008 , 01:11 AM
Jr.Who
Haha… you have to tinker around with the settings to get it right, and at a point where it doesn't screw up your geo. Check out the help files (F1).

# 5 24-08-2008 , 01:12 AM
hehe yeah seems to be working now.. funny with this maya thing.. I just had to move the pieces a bit then it worked! thanks !!

I was going mental user added image

# 6 24-08-2008 , 03:32 AM
Subscriber
they probably weren't intersecting properly

btw, did you name youself after the file extension mdl in Source mods?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D