Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 13-10-2008 , 03:45 PM
Subscriber
Hey Acid, a close up shot later in the week you`ll see that the gloves are half bronz half rubber and some other materials. These are just smooth gloves. As he is a deep sea diver he needs hardend materials around his fingers. The sea is a very sharp place beleave me.

Gect > thanks user added image

Arran > cheers man glad you like it.

# 17 13-10-2008 , 04:05 PM
Acid44
oh, ok... with the way the colours faded in that pic they looked box-y

# 18 13-10-2008 , 07:33 PM
The suit is coming along great + looking forward to seeing what you got planned for this.

# 19 14-10-2008 , 05:53 AM
Subscriber
here is a little update, not much texturing, and created a slightly better lighting, not perfect lighting.

Next the helmet.

i also need to spend time on the blue glow, not happy with how it looks atm.

Attached Thumbnails
# 20 27-10-2008 , 09:30 PM
Subscriber
This is where the i`ll be creating the pose. I`m not sure yet, but this is the direction i`m heading with.

Btw you need to setup up Adobe Gamma 1998 to get the most accurate collor grade out of the image.

Attached Thumbnails
# 21 28-10-2008 , 03:00 PM
Subscriber
looking good reminds me of a ikkle big daddy , love the radiant glow tho is that sposed to be slime or acid or something? if so total mortal kombat (Y) i like it lol very very very much lol

# 22 03-11-2008 , 04:10 PM
Subscriber
Finally i finished my latest work althou its a teaser, none the less you can see where i`m going with this short film. The Short film is long and far away. As this is a personal project its going to take a while.

The only thing i didnt do myself is the Tropical Thunderstorm Sound which is credited to Paul Vogel.

Crits and comments are mostly welcome even if its short

user added image

# 23 03-11-2008 , 05:06 PM
Subscriber