Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 02-10-2008 , 07:26 AM

Fatal error

Hi i have just installed Maya 2008 and every time i try to open Maya i get this error 'Fatal Error . Attempting to save in C:/DOCUME~1/Shaun/LOCALS~1/Temp/Shaun.20081002.0206.ma i have had a look around bout turning of triple buffering in the graphics card settings i have deleted my prefs folder so maya makes a new one i have my latest graphics drivers using mobile intel 965 express chipset family im worryed as i start a course soon and need a copy of maya running before i start the course any solutions Please thank you

# 2 02-10-2008 , 07:38 PM
Senior Software Developer
TBH...

Your Graphics card will not be up to the challenge, the intel chipset is not supported by the majority of the 3D apps out there.

Check out the Qualified Hardware List

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 03-10-2008 , 02:45 AM
Your graphics might not be for Maya, but the error isn't caused by it cause I've had it on my computer one day and it runs Maya fine.

I don't know how to fix it though, I haven't got round to reinstalling Windows (cause everything else failed).

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 4 10-08-2009 , 07:39 AM

Fatal Error

I have a Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family graphics card and after 3 month of having the fatal error problem with maya at boot I finally out it was the graphics card. After trying multiple os's it worked all up until i found the last few drivers for the computer.

I began disabling them one by one and found out it was the graphics card. A work around for this problem is when you want to use maya go to your device manager and disable your graphics card driver and maya should work fine. If anything you could do this method just to see if it is the graphics card.

Can someone tell me if disabling the graphics card effects renders?

Anyways I'ma look into the problem a bit more, maybe someone found something on it recently. I spent weeks a few months ago online searching for a solution, but found nothing so this little workaround I came up with might be useful to quite a few people.

# 5 13-08-2009 , 07:12 AM
with 'Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset' i guess u are referring to the inbuilt graphics card, aren't you? i am having the same prob with Maya while it loaded and i can't open the software. i know it is graphics card coz when i installed the display adapter (with old board's CD, not mine) Maya started to act normally, but if i installed the default graphics driver card, then maya won't run!!!!! disabling graphics card isn't feasible coz i've got a widescreen and on doing that, the screen becomes really small. i've tried formatting the OS multiple times and have used Vista Black edition and also complete edition (i'm using the later one now)
for now, i'm using old graphics driver to use Maya... but it s*cks, u know

anyone,..... any help?