So yeah, heres a render from the serious game we made using the Source game engine
This is a triage game where we train medical staff in triage, which is classifying the urgency of a patient. smaller triage code means more immediate attention must be given.
the people were made for us, this was in theory a texture excercise for me
two others worked on the AI and interface
the other dude worked on the level (we dont know what he did though, his map was initially big enough to fit 2 jumbo planes side by side and the windows were about a couple meters higher than the user)
we had 3 months to do it so effectivly only about 4 or 5 weeks could be given to this.
most of the time was spent trying to figure out how to get the f***** game engine working with the models
i wasted about a week trying to figure out how to retexture the models and found out that it isn't as straight forward and just recompiling the models with a new texture address since the models came out with a new set of UVs for the head
found that to retexture i had to decompile an existing model, import that into XSI and that didn't keep the bones (i dont know why XSI doesn't keep bones when exporting and importing stuff) and then i had to delete the existing nulls (equivalent to locators) and import a new skeleton that would fit.
had to bind the mesh to the skeleton and then had to reweight it.... because saving the existing weights failed
couldn't be assed reweighting to perfection as time was limited, so i just used the really really quick and useful tools to reweight
then assigned the new textures and exported to get compiled
three patients were made
i have a video of the game being played too
i'm just gonna stick the title screen for the game up here for now...
that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"
Computer skills I should have:
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D