Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 04-02-2009 , 11:04 AM

basic question re inputs

Sorry i've not been able to search for the answer to this, its a really basic one.

I have a bend deformer in my scene but if i delete history or convert from poly to subdivs i lose the input from the bend deformer.

How can i replace this input without having to maje a new bend deformer, and can i use the same method to make that defoemer act on other objects in my scene?

Thanks

# 2 04-02-2009 , 11:50 AM
Super Moderator
Did you use "Delete Non-Deformer History"? I'm not even quite sure I understand the question ><

- Genny
# 3 04-02-2009 , 12:24 PM
okay sorry. yeah youre right i could use that when deleting history, but in general i'd like to know how to edit which objects a deformer is acting on.

So i've worked out how to show deformer connections in the hypergraph, just not how to add new ones.

So for example, i have two obects moving along a path. at a certain point i want them both to interact with the same deformer. i.e. have that defoerm as an input to two objects.

Does that make more sense? Thanks for the help