Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-03-2009 , 02:50 PM
Subscriber

Scraggle Character

Hi guys,
I got another cartoon character for my animated story.
It' s actually a low poly character at around 2000 polygons
(since my system cannot handle dense meshes). Moreover, these guys travel in packs of 100 so a low poly count is favourable.
Their role is to destroy one of the main characters and they'll stop at nothing until they do.
Kingdom Hearts' "Heartless" was a big inspiration for the character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igioT...e=channel_page
Let me know what you think.

Last edited by RockyMills_01; 17-04-2013 at 12:04 AM.
# 2 08-03-2009 , 08:11 PM
Subscriber
i was gonna say "HEY ITS A HEARTLESS!!"

that looks mightily awesome!

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 09-03-2009 , 06:42 PM
nice job - i like him - looks like your texture is messed up on the base tho - you might want to planar map that. user added image

# 4 09-03-2009 , 10:07 PM
Subscriber
Thanks guys. :attn:
I hope I don't get into too much trouble having a character that resembles a heartless. but a character like that would be perfect for the role.
@ arran - I know the texture on the base is not naturally correct but visually speaking, it does add interest.

I am also working on a poster where the Scraggle is chasing the main character. I'll post it when I am finished.