Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 31 01-04-2009 , 09:52 AM
Hallo ctbram,
I dot want to humiliate to by only telling thanks...user added image

I am late to post because in those days i was working on ur instructions and found out that i dont know almost anything abt UV manipulations it was foolish to ask sth this vast in forum!Forum is very good for simple problem but not good for sth this big!!!

I tried to go through ur tutorial frm top to bottom.I read u every instructions more then hundred times.But due to my lack of knowledge i failed to decipher 100% wht u said. But don’t think ur effort has gone in vain. For every keyword unfamiliar to me...i googled it and tried to figure out wht it is directing to!!Every hour i spent to extract wht u said, it is becoming clear periodically! Though it is very slow process, but i am goin to get things at hand!

Whatever thank u for all of ur effort. Actually i never have thought that someone could be so helpful in the forum....what should I say?....WOW!!!

But i have some problems that have not yet been solved. One of then is the Non-manifold geometry. I dont understand wht ur trying to say by 'polygon select tool’. Could u give me some specific instructions!

Another one i asked before. But i am also looking for its answer too. “how to lock transformation of any vertex or edge of a object?(yes...vertex or edge of a specific object not the whole object itself. Cause i am working with part of the object and i want to lock the transformation of certain vertices(or edge) so when i will be sculpting then the those will only move in y direction only)"

# 32 02-04-2009 , 02:29 PM

UV map complete.

Hey.....after lots of trouble i have successfully uv mapped this model.Though i dont know how good the mapping is.Three image is attached.One is the current status of the model(converted to sub-d) and the other are two parts of uv map....many thanks to ctbram....:bow: ...cause this would have not been possible without his help... user added image...
user added image
the head
user added image
the body
user added image
can anyone tell me how to make sure that uv mapping is all right!It wont bother the texture artist!
PLZ READ THE PREVIOUS POST!!..i need the solution of the problems user added image

# 33 02-04-2009 , 02:58 PM
Good work!

First your model topology looks much nicer.

I like the changes to the foot.

Your seem placement might be noticeable but overall for your first try at UV mapping I have to say good job!

Suggestions:

1. grab a UV layout texture grid (just use google image and search for "UV layout texture" and apply that to your model to see that the tiles are not distorted and are about the same size.

2. As for texture painting that is another tough topic. It requires some degree of artistic talent (which I sadly lack). To understand the best work flow for color, bump, spec map painting you might want to google for some free tutorials.

As a general first cut you might want to search for highres images of elephant, amphibian, crocodile, hippo, etc. skins and apply them in photoshop. You can use the desaturated (black and white) color map to create the bump and spec maps.

Keep up the good work!

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 02-04-2009 at 03:00 PM.