Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-05-2009 , 05:47 PM

Trying to get an image onto a polygon plane

I just started with Maya and im following a tutorial that is using Maya 2008 and im on 2009. The guy in the tutorial creates a regular polygon plane and then assigns a new material to it (lambert)

when he does that he gets up a new window where he can choose to cover the plane with an image.

His window looks like this https://cristianmalmros.com/printscreen/maya2008.png

and my window looks like this: https://cristianmalmros.com/printscre...2009_right.png

Now I can't find any "browse for file" button like he has and I can't figure out how to get my image onto the plane like he does user added image

Grateful for any help :bow:

# 2 10-05-2009 , 05:49 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
click the checked box next to colour and click file
You should now see a button that says browse

# 3 10-05-2009 , 05:52 PM
Next to the Color slider, is a little checker box. Click on that, and in the new window, click on File. After that, it's pretty straight forward. user added image

Edit: Bah, just beat me to it. :p

# 4 10-05-2009 , 05:53 PM

Originally posted by elephantinc
click the checked box next to colour and click file
You should now see a button that says browse

Oh I feel abit silly now user added image I never figured it would be under colour. Thanks for the quick help!

# 5 10-05-2009 , 06:45 PM
Level 32 pachyderm