Maya Training

Introduction to Hard Surface Modeling

Maya Training

Interiors and Furniture Vol 1 & 2 - Modeling & Cloth

Maya Training

Shading, Lighting and Rendering the Bedroom in MR

Maya Training

Robot volume one - Modeling with animation in mind

Maya Training

Spach-Alspaugh House the complete courseware

Maya Training

Burt The Cartoon Dinosaur Vol 01 - Modeling

New Maya Training

Robot Volume 02 - Hybrid Rigging
You are here > Home > SimplyMaya Community Forums
Loading

Welcome to Simply Maya

Please Sign in or Sign up for an account

Member Login

Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Old 24-06-2009, 01:24 AM   #1
Darnellrbts
Registered User
 
Darnellrbts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Dining_Room ( my first Project)

Im new to maya, So im trying to do somthing simple, Im making a dining room set, Well here a image of a chair im still making. I thought I would start with this first cause it seemed easy,but it not lol. here the image

Last edited by Darnellrbts : 27-06-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Darnellrbts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 01:28 AM   #2
Darnellrbts
Registered User
 
Darnellrbts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Chair ( my first model)

Originally posted by Darnellrbts
Im new to maya, So im trying to do somthing simple, Im making a dining room set, Well here a image of a chair im still making. I thought I would start with this first cause it seemed easy,but it not lol. here the image
Attached Thumbnails
 
Darnellrbts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 08:00 AM   #3
monkey99
Subscriber
 
monkey99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK,Berkshire
Posts: 147
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

eerrmm . where are the legs
Apart from that very good.I love the rope texture. If you want to change the background colour go to view,select camera ,then open the attribute and scroll down to environment then pick your colour . Sor y about the quick comment i had to go to school so i wrote it quickly.
PS.I lovethe top bit.
__________________
Im Back and now 13 (:

Autume Challenge Nov 09

Last edited by monkey99 : 24-06-2009 at 03:51 PM.
monkey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
Darnellrbts
Registered User
 
Darnellrbts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally posted by monkey99
eerrmm . where are the legs
O i was just trying to do the base and the upper part im making the legs now will post it later on
Darnellrbts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 03:09 PM   #5
gster123
Moderator
 
gster123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Manchester Uk
Posts: 6,300
Thanks: 1
Thanked 51 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Originally posted by monkey99
eerrmm . where are the legs
It is a work in progress.
__________________
"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
gster123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #6
Darnellrbts
Registered User
 
Darnellrbts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The front view with legs, Im gonna try to do more work on it and the shader so here a preview
Attached Thumbnails
 
Darnellrbts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #7
Darnellrbts
Registered User
 
Darnellrbts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally posted by monkey99
eerrmm . where are the legs
Apart from that very good.I love the rope texture. If you want to change the background colour go to view,select camera ,then open the attribute and scroll down to environment then pick your colour . Sor y about the quick comment i had to go to school so i wrote it quickly.
PS.I lovethe top bit.
Np lol, but thx for the info on how to change the background color.
Darnellrbts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #8
Gen
Moderator
 
Gen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South FL
Posts: 3,457
Thanks: 13
Thanked 635 Times in 558 Posts
Default

Welcome to SM Warms my heart to see someone starting out by modeling a chair. Can't really critique too much because it is your first model, but the back supports are really crooked, might want to align those a little better.
Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 01:02 AM   #9
Darnellrbts
Registered User
 
Darnellrbts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally posted by GecT
Welcome to SM Warms my heart to see someone starting out by modeling a chair. Can't really critique too much because it is your first model, but the back supports are really crooked, might want to align those a little better.
Thx and your gonna see alot more models from me lol, im gonna try and make the back supports over for the final picture.
Darnellrbts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 04:00 AM   #10
Darnellrbts
Registered User
 
Darnellrbts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ok here the table and the leg i got two separate pics, since i missed yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
 
Darnellrbts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 04:03 AM   #11
Darnellrbts
Registered User
 
Darnellrbts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally posted by Darnellrbts
Ok here the table and the leg i got two separate pics, since i missed yesterday.
and here the table it nothing special lol
Attached Thumbnails
 
Darnellrbts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #12
Darnellrbts
Registered User
 
Darnellrbts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ok here the table with the legs attached, but i didnt shade it yet having some trouble there.
Attached Thumbnails
 
Darnellrbts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #13
Darnellrbts
Registered User
 
Darnellrbts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

ok im making a Lamp now here the outline to it. if anyone can give me some tips on how to round the bootom off i would appreciate it.
Attached Thumbnails
 
Darnellrbts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2009, 10:49 PM   #14
Gen
Moderator
 
Gen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South FL
Posts: 3,457
Thanks: 13
Thanked 635 Times in 558 Posts
Default

Providing you have enough geometry (if not, insert edge loops is your friend) then its a simple matter of non uniformly scaling some verts, maybe even sliding some edges around.



Also it'll probably be better to see your progress if you posted wireframe on shaded screenies of your viewport instead of dark renders.



If you're uploading muliple images at once I'd suggest using a hosting site like...


Photobucket

Imageshack

Just some pointers
Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #15
Darnellrbts
Registered User
 
Darnellrbts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally posted by GecT
Providing you have enough geometry (if not, insert edge loops is your friend) then its a simple matter of non uniformly scaling some verts, maybe even sliding some edges around.



Also it'll probably be better to see your progress if you posted wireframe on shaded screenies of your viewport instead of dark renders.



If you're uploading muliple images at once I'd suggest using a hosting site like...


Photobucket

Imageshack

Just some pointers
Thx for the tips. I was wondering how to do the wirefram render shots.
Darnellrbts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Model Errors Urgent advice!! sreynoso Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge 11 23-10-2014 12:39 PM
Dog Model Vox520 Modeling 7 10-12-2010 10:28 AM

Thread Tools





A little bit about who we are
Links you might find useful
Catch up with SimplyMaya
SimplyMaya specialises in Maya tutorials. We offer over 1,000 individual Maya training videos, ranging from basic Maya tutorials through to intermediate Maya tutorials. Our tutorials are created by instructors with industry experience and are designed to get you up and running in Maya quickly without making it seem like hard work.

Copyright © 1999-2015 SimplyMaya - vBulletin® Copyright © 2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.