Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-07-2009 , 05:57 PM

Deleting huge sections of a mesh

user added image

Hi, I got this city mesh online and 90 percent of it's polygons are in the base, so I want to delete them, but everything I try either gives me an error message or slows my computer down so much I have to restart. What can I do? I don't care by the way if I end up with a huge hole in the base and a giant border edge, I just want those polygons gone! :D

Last edited by fox95871; 09-02-2010 at 09:58 PM.
# 2 07-07-2009 , 06:05 PM
The Nurb Herd
select the faces not the verts.

# 3 07-07-2009 , 07:14 PM
select a small area of faces hide it @ a layer do that for a lot of them and you can delete whatever you want after you do that. That's the way i fix my problem once user added image

# 4 14-07-2009 , 11:45 PM
Thanks. I was just trying to delete too many faces at once and it was overloading my computer. Works fine now as long as I just do a few at a time.