Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 16-07-2009 , 09:50 PM

Hiding unused parts of the interface

Hi, I've noticed as I get better at Maya I usually only need about 10 things on the interface. Would hiding everything else speed things up very much, and if so how would I go about doing that? If somebody could please give me a comprehensive description of everything that can be hidden instead of just a few things that would really help me the most.

# 2 17-07-2009 , 01:08 AM
EduSciVis-er
Well I know that Ctrl-Space hides almost the entire interface, after which everything can be accessed via the hotbox, if that helps.
Ctrl-Space will bring it back up again.
I think Ctrl-Shift-M will also hide your panel menus and bring 'em back. There's also an option in the hotbox (can't quite remember where) to hide a couple of elements that Ctrl-Space doesn't.

The help files might give you some more specifics.

# 3 17-07-2009 , 01:39 PM
Hotbox is the one solution.But i will be BETTER if u make one coustm menu by urself.

# 4 20-07-2009 , 03:41 AM
ya........,ctrl+space z for go 2 expert mode........
there r menu bar,viewport menus in expert mode......
ctrl+m z for hide/unhide menu bar........
in expert mode we access all d menus by hitting spacebar......