Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 29-07-2009 , 08:11 AM
Subscriber
The only problem is i cant do texturing which is a big bummer.Is there anyrecomendations of waht to do with the texturing and how to do it please. user added image

Im Back and now 13 (:

Autume Challenge Nov 09
# 17 29-07-2009 , 09:09 AM
Subscriber
Acutally your texturing isnt far off the originals. i just googled imaged them and the only big difference is the amount of detail in the modeling. For example His nose is more bulbus in Toy Story, he has laces on his shoes, they both have eye lids and eye brows. Mrs Potato head even has eye lashes.

I think the next step is for you to learn to add more detail in your modeling as everything ive seen you do seems to be pretty much a primative object with slight deformations.

I am also asuming you dont have photoshop or some form of photo editing software... This makes doing detailed textures pretty hard so you will have to stick to the procedural textures.

If you need some inspiration why not try modeling some toys like a lego man or pogo stick, stuff that you have around or can find good references on. in fact a lego man would be an awsome one but try and get it as accurate as possible.

Remember there is the video training on the site too that cover lots of usful stuff and everyone on here will be willing to help too.

# 18 29-07-2009 , 09:12 AM
Subscriber
I actually have a program nearly identical to photoshop called paint.net.(google it ) It has everything that you have in photoshop for free and i actually might make lego man so here i go . PRoject no.3 is on its way. :p

Im Back and now 13 (:

Autume Challenge Nov 09
# 19 29-07-2009 , 09:13 AM
Subscriber
awsome - when u get to texturing i will happily help out user added image