Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 25-12-2009 , 06:41 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net

Cant select anything

So I am working on an animation and when I select a joint it it wont show any manipulator tool, and it shows I have the object selected in the attribute editor but it doesnt change colors when I click on the object its self, almost like it wasnt selecting it but it even allows me to focus on the "selected" area.

Any ideas?

# 2 26-12-2009 , 07:34 AM
Ok so i narrowed it down, i can do everything fine except in the persp. view, if i select something in the side view i can move it and see its selected but still a no go in presp.

Any ideas?

# 3 26-12-2009 , 05:09 PM
Subscriber
Sounds like a graphics card issue, what card do you have, is it one of Autodesks recommended ones?

You could always try to see if there are any driver updates.

Cheers,
Chris

# 4 27-12-2009 , 06:09 AM
Its a Radeon Xpress 200m, it was working fine and then it messed up on one view, not sure if i hit a hot key or something, and then now its not working on another window.

Posting pic to show whats going on hopefully that will help.

Last edited by Ozgalis; 27-12-2009 at 07:28 AM.
# 5 27-12-2009 , 07:29 AM
Screeney, as you can see both of the views on the left side show I have selected the elbow, but the right side just wont show anything i select

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 27-12-2009 , 05:14 PM
Subscriber
go in to your show menu for each of those windows that don't show anything , my guess is you have selection highlighting turned off, as well as manipulators and other things, turn them back on.

# 7 28-12-2009 , 06:33 AM
I belive that i have them checked to show, will check and repost when i get a chance