Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 03-02-2010 , 10:09 PM
Subscriber

Checkerboard Texture/UV issues

When I unwrap the spike on the top of my hammer, the checkerboard material does not fill the entire spike, but only the outer most edge. Any ideas what i'm doing wrong here?

Additionally, how do i increase the "resolution" of the checkerboard, it's set at 8x8 square and i can not figure out how to make it 16x16?

Any help for a struggling beginner?

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-02-2010 , 11:40 AM
The thin red line
I am not great at uvs put try to sellect the faces of the spike then go to create uvs sellect cylindrical mapping that should work? as for your next question if you go to your checker board texture there should be two tabs at the top click on the one that says place2Dtexture, click on that you should see repeat UVs change those from 1&1 to 2&2 hope this helps dave