Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 21-05-2010 , 10:38 PM
Subscriber

Edit polygons

I am working on my texturing and ran into a problem. I cant find the Edit Polygon on my menu bar. I am working in Maya 2009 and I have run into this a few times now. I am doing the Low poly character for a school project. I have been able to work around some of the issues I have run into but this one is't working out that way. Here are some screen shots for you guys to check out. I know Kurt is working with a Modeling Menu but I don't have that. This is due tomorrow so Please help!

Attached Images
# 2 21-05-2010 , 10:45 PM
Subscriber
I don't know how to put more than one image in so I will be putting them on one at a time sorry.

Attached Images
# 3 21-05-2010 , 10:46 PM
Subscriber

Attached Images
# 4 21-05-2010 , 10:47 PM
Subscriber

Attached Images
# 5 21-05-2010 , 11:20 PM
Subscriber
switch to polygon tool set and all your polygon tools are there
switch to surfaces tool set and all your surfaces tools are there

in 2008 the edit modelling menu set was split

look for your tools in mesh and edit mesh, you'll find your tools like merge, split polygon, extrude, etc there

i would think that your school's tutors/teachers would have told you where to find the tools you're looking for.

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 6 23-05-2010 , 03:12 AM
Lifetime Member
also use your 'function' keys to swap between tool sets mate.

It shouldnt have changed.

F1 = help

F2 = Animation

etc etc

chirone hit it on the head

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 7 23-05-2010 , 07:11 AM
Subscriber
Thanks I figured it out. I do online classes and sometimes it is just easier to ask on a forum than wait for an instructor to reply.