Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 19-05-2010 , 04:55 AM

particle to bone animation

ahoi everybody!

this is just a question about if my intended goal is even possible. of course if anyone has some thoughts how to achive it - I´d be happy to be provided with ideas.

I need to animate a character for a realtime renderer. therefore I have to export every animated geometry with bones. vertex animation is not possible.

the woman will wear a dress and the character itself is animated with a simple bonesetup. and here is my idea to get a littlebit of realistic cloth motion into the animation -

there will be a second very simple bonesetup like in the picture below that will be point-driven by particles. but for me simpleminded it seems that there must be 2 strict conditions for the particles to behave. the upper level of particles/bones must be sticky at the character_geometries appropriate 4 vertices. the mid and lowest particle/bone level must keep their distances from each upper level pretty precisely. then make the particle structure collide with the body and bake the simulation onto the bones.

questions

1) is this possible?
2) how constrain the upper 4 particles to character vertices?
3) how make the following 2 particles keeping an allmost exact distance to its previous particle?

thanks in advance!

PS: working with maya2010

Attached Thumbnails

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 2 19-05-2010 , 07:40 AM
another question:

i try to go another way with rigid body constraints.

is it possible to make a smooth bound geometry a rigid body at the same time? or drive any secondary geometry so i have my spring objects colliding with the character geometry?

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.