Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 11-07-2010 , 02:35 PM
I would go for an A5, I use a 26" monitor on my desktop and a 17" laptop and its fine with it to be honest.

You might want to canvas the opinion on getting a larger one, I sdon't think I owuld see any great advantage really.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 17 11-07-2010 , 09:10 PM
Lifetime Member
I will go and see them and maybe take the lappy down...see if I can test drive 1 gster...cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 18 24-07-2010 , 08:38 AM
Lifetime Member
Ok I bought one!!! $289 AUS at Hardly Normal. Bamboo Fun Pen and Touch. Its about A4 size..not too bad. I cant draw yet...thought when you turn the pen upside down it became an eraser????? Touch pad is wicked...as I use a touch screen for work on my PDA...yyyeeehhhhaaaaaaaa. Now I just need to learn how to use the damn thing.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 19 24-07-2010 , 10:35 AM
Subscriber
ooo, a bamboo! hope you have a lot of fun with it

btw, i always get confused when you put a lot of "?" in a row, i always read lots of "?" in a row as a didn't-you-realise-this-was-like-that-you-silly-person, but someone else once used lots of ? in a row on a non-question (also an old aussie bloke like you) but didnt mean that at all.
so, if you don't mind me asking what do you mean when you put lots of "?" in a row?

i assume you mean you thought the pen is meant to change to an eraser when you flip it but it doesnt for your bamboo?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 20 24-07-2010 , 11:52 AM
Lifetime Member
Bahahahahaha yeh mate I did think it was...my mate has a tablet and reckons his was an eraser as well????? more ??????

No I am like the other Aussie mate.... I dont know why I do it. Prob as habit is my friend...it certainly doesnt mean what you thought...not to me anyway. Ive never really thought of it that way actually mate...until now LOL. I might have peeved a few of the other extraterrestrial bros out there eh????

Well I guess I will have to learn how to use it first. I will keep up with the mouse for all my hard surface stuff...but the texturing will now be a little more precise.

Cheers mate...?????....bahahaha

bullet1968

# 21 24-07-2010 , 11:57 AM
Subscriber
i know mine's an eraser, ya???? user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 22 24-07-2010 , 12:13 PM
Lifetime Member
Maybe mine is smarty pants!!! I just dont know it yet? and you are obviously light years in front of me? LOL Maybe I bought a dud? BUT I dont know how to use them so if in time (which I doubt) I get good enough at modelling I will learn how to use it.

cheers bullet
user added image

bullet1968