Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 16-07-2010 , 12:59 PM
Lifetime Member
Try Stormchasers...they usually have good quality footage. Check out some of the science channels...as you probably already know a tornado is actually multiple entities. It does have some interesting properties for a natural phenomena. I remember a show proving a single tornado actually had up to 12 satellite (mini) twisters which were generating the vortex...quite interesting.

I would like to see what you can engineer mate...interesting stuff

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 17 16-07-2010 , 03:36 PM
I dont think I'll be going into that level of detial!

Just tried to use a fluid as an instance for the tornado and was getting really pissed off as MR would not render it, kept thinkg it was corrupt but its not its a bug in MR!

Bugger!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 18 18-07-2010 , 08:55 PM
Started to texture up the funnel now, got a few rendering artifacts in there, think thats coming from the noise added to the cloud.

Attached Thumbnails

# 19 18-07-2010 , 09:05 PM
The thin red line
Comming together nicely, those artifacts if they were comming from the clouds wouldnt they be moving with the cloudes?........dave

# 20 18-07-2010 , 09:06 PM
Looking very good

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 21 19-07-2010 , 12:53 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
hey steve really like hows its turning out what kind of gpu do you have mine doesnt allow me to do much in maya

# 22 19-07-2010 , 07:24 AM
Cheers guys.

Dave you would think that, but its not the case. I can introduce the artifacts simply by upping the noise frequency on the volume noise that is plugged into the blob map of the particle cloud. If I lower it they go away.

It must be something with the noise and the mental ray.

Murambi - Have a quadro 2700 in my laptop, a quadro 1700 (I think) in my workstation at work and an ATI 3850 at home. And if I am honest I see virtually no difference with any of them unless the scene gets really heavy in the viewport then the rank would be 1. 2700, 2. ATI, 3. 1700.

Steve