Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 31 18-09-2010 , 11:12 AM
The thin red line
Thats a good way of getting a scene, have you used this way before............dave

# 32 18-09-2010 , 12:14 PM
Yeah this is the method I use as of late as it allows me to create large terrains very fast. The materials set up in vue usually takes me a day or two as I am still learning vue and find that it is still a lot of trial and error until I get the results I am looking for. I then spend another 2 days on the ecosystems and setting up the atmosphere and usually have good renders that I am happy with at this point.
The big problem with vue is the excessive render times but I am very fortunate to have access to a lot of computation power at work.

# 33 18-09-2010 , 03:58 PM
This is the mesh in Maya at 1048576 polys. It is at 1 subdivision lower than the brush model so I could bring it into maya without any problems. I will take this mesh into Vue and begin setting up the materials. I hope to have some more updates on this soon although think I have a busy week ahead so may be short while before I have anything to share.

user added image

# 34 18-09-2010 , 04:15 PM
Render out of Zbrush

user added image

# 35 18-09-2010 , 11:55 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Nice.

I like how you've managed to achieve a sense of scale in the Zbrush render. Once all th little details like trees go in, it should look great.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 36 19-09-2010 , 03:34 PM
Ok here is the enviroment so far in Vue. It still needs a lot of before I can begin adding any ecosystems or vegitation. The camera will fly along by the waters edge to the waterfall which will be added with realflow. It will then fly up at the end to where the wolf will be situated on the peak below the moon howling. Or at least that is what I am hoping to achieve.

user added image

# 37 19-09-2010 , 08:32 PM
I love the wolf, but the environment is amazing aswell! Keep up the good work!

# 38 20-09-2010 , 08:58 AM
Acid44
That terrain model turned out amazing, good work man, I might have to try that method sometime soon user added image

# 39 23-09-2010 , 01:24 PM
Started adding some vegetation and working on the lighting. Still needs work but is getting there. Will then begin working on setting up the running water and waterfall with real flow. Think I will go back to the wolf 1st though and try to get things looking right.
Might be a while till I have an update though as am gonna be busy for a few weeks. Thanks for all the input and your thoughts on this guys I really appreciate it.

user added image

# 40 23-09-2010 , 07:44 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
the image looks great but i think the image needs some form of rim light to make it look more realistic

# 41 25-09-2010 , 10:02 AM
Think you are right. I am also going to add some mist / haze to try and give more depth, along with some mountains in the distance. Am also going to need some better more detailed vegetation as I think what is there at the moment is a little weak. Busy setting up some other stuff at the mo but will get back to this soon.

Cheers

# 42 25-09-2010 , 11:31 AM
The thin red line
Hi leonlabyk

How will you improve the vegetation? looking good..........dave

# 43 26-09-2010 , 02:42 AM
Hi Dave,

Well I can either cheat and simply purchase some off vue's site or recreate what I require with Maya. I will probably go with the 2nd option as this way I can get the exact look and level of detail that I want.

Cheers