Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 23-10-2010 , 06:40 AM
To sleep, to dream, maybe... to???

Learning Books

I am looking to learn maya a bit better than I do now and I would like to know which books cover, basics of Maya, Rending/prerending, texturing, animation, ect... Is there one series of really good books or.... what?

Thanks Much guys

~MG~

# 2 23-10-2010 , 05:22 PM
even better than books, there's tutorial videos on this site that covers pretty much everything

# 3 24-10-2010 , 04:36 AM
Administrator
Well, you're at a tutorial site so I think we'll all tell you to watch tutorials instead of readinguser added image That said a book can be very handy for reference as you go along, I'd go with Sybex "Introduction to Maya" or "Mastering Maya", they're both well written and will structure the whole learning process really well. But if you want to actually learn something like modeling which is the end most people start in, you cant' really beat watching how someone else does it on the screen, for sm I'd get something like the starter pack https://simply3dworld.com/movie_pages...tml?tut_id=165 or the animal pack https://www.simply3dworld.com/movie_p...tml?tut_id=167 as they give you a good general overview of a lot of tools.

# 4 29-10-2010 , 10:55 PM
To sleep, to dream, maybe... to???
Awesome, thanks much guys! user added image

~MG~

# 5 30-10-2010 , 01:19 AM
EduSciVis-er
I'd go for Mastering Maya by Eric Keller. If you get an intro book, you'll fly through at be done and then you won't really need it again. Use a tutorial for those things. For the advanced stuff you'll want a book to refer to over and over.