Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 03-11-2010 , 08:21 PM
Subscriber

Occ render fail

Hey Guys!

I tried to do some Occ render but it failed every time I started it.

API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: "outColor" is type color, "maya_color_to_vector" returns type vector

I tried to find some solution on the google but i gave up. They wrote to play with distance or spread.
it did not help at all.
I tried to change the bright (where Out Color was connected)...
It still stops after 16-19sec

Anyone knows what to do ?

thx

joey

# 2 03-11-2010 , 08:46 PM
Subscriber

Re: Occ render fail

just dont get it!

I started all over.
This time i did not export my mesh Tank
i opened my mesh & made a simple background.

Now it works very nicely... hmmm

# 3 03-11-2010 , 09:04 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
# 4 03-11-2010 , 09:06 PM
Subscriber
Actually i am almost ready.
This plane thing for an occlusion render was good.

I ll post the picture in 10min

Originally posted by mastone
try importing into a new scene

# 5 03-11-2010 , 10:17 PM
Subscriber
Finito

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 03-11-2010 , 10:51 PM
SM Tea Boy
Very nice i like it a lot!

Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 7 04-11-2010 , 08:38 AM
Subscriber
Is that a Fiat Panda? It looks realy nice. How do you get your renders like that. They look realy crisp. I see more people who produce these kinda renders. For example in the WIP thread, the grav-bike the renders from ctbram and the renders from tweetytunes. My renders look worse than just the model in maya. I am beter of not rendering and showing a printscreen of the model in maya haha.

# 8 04-11-2010 , 08:53 AM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by Johndoe050
Is that a Fiat Panda? It looks realy nice. How do you get your renders like that. They look realy crisp. I see more people who produce these kinda renders. For example in the WIP thread, the grav-bike the renders from ctbram and the renders from tweetytunes. My renders look worse than just the model in maya. I am beter of not rendering and showing a printscreen of the model in maya haha.

Watch this https://www.simply3dworld.com/movie_p...tml?tut_id=180

It's one of our free tutorials it will show you how to get a render like the one above.

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 9 04-11-2010 , 10:14 AM
Subscriber
Actually Thats a Fiat Uno trubo. I did some modifications.
GO along the Video David Posted.
Its a good/short one.

Originally posted by Johndoe050