Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 22-02-2011 , 12:06 PM
Subscriber

wrecked car

Hi
Here's a quick post of my work in progress of a wrecked car. My idea is to build some clean and simple geometry, use diffuse/ specular textures to make the body look wrecked and made up of salvage parts.
I could add a normal map to the textures to make each dent look more detailed, but I have decided to leave out normals and see how far I can push the detail with only diffuse/ spec.
The size of the texture at the moment is 2048 x 2048, however when I am happy with the texture I will drop the size down to 1024 x1024.
Any feed back will be most appreciated.

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 28-02-2011 , 09:26 PM
haha looks cool for game matte the textures look a bit blurry do you turn of the texture filtering? user added image

# 3 02-03-2011 , 11:28 AM
Lifetime Member
hmmmm how did you get my car up here?? LOL it looks ok man...I dig the 'paintjob' or lack thereof...

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes