Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 21-03-2011 , 05:23 AM

smooth shade all

I am currently using Maya 2011 and for some reason I can't view my objects in smooth shade all. I made sure I had my object selected in object mode, then went to >shading and >smooth shade all. While I have the object selected it only displays as wireframe, but once I deselect the object it appears in shaded mode. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

(I do know that the hot keys are 4 and 5 for wireframe and smooth shade all)

# 2 21-03-2011 , 09:24 AM
Sounds buggy, as far as I know what your experiencing isn't even a modelEditor command which is what is used to set the shading modes of your viewport.

It sounds like there are confused matterial assignments.

What happens when you apply a new matterial to your object?

Is this happening on all objects ? Try making a new random object and see if this effect still occurs? Does this happen in a new scene?

Also ensure there is only one shading group / matterial connected to your object in the hypershade. Also make sure there is one in the first place. Objects tend to display as wireframe regardelss of viewport settings if there is no shading group linked to the object.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 3 12-06-2023 , 04:34 AM

I encounter the same problem today

This happens to me after my file crash, only the object I'm working on is affected, but others are normal in smooth shade all.