Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 31-01-2003 , 12:34 AM

Image Plane Reference

Anybody, somebody please help!!!!!
I am having problem making the image plane for front and back picture references in the orthograhic, e.g. making a top, side, front & back of a car picture references.

# 2 31-01-2003 , 12:42 AM

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 31-01-2003 , 01:49 AM

Image Plane Reference

I am so greaful kbrown for the tutorial reference and your magnanimity.

# 4 31-01-2003 , 08:39 AM
Heh, sorry about the short answer. Was in a hurry user added image

There are basically too methods of using reference images. One is with the built-in image planes and the other with some real geometry like polyplanes with the reference images as textures. I wrote a little MEL script a while back for the latter approach.
You can find it in this thread: https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...&threadid=2032

If I remember correctly the video tutorial I mentioned above deals with the built-in image planes...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 5 31-01-2003 , 03:24 PM
Subscriber
i suggest using poly planes and mapping them with the images instead of image planes.....