Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 11-03-2003 , 02:01 AM
i'm sorry for this strange question, but what is Cricket?
thanx

# 32 11-03-2003 , 02:17 AM
I accually dont know the rules in full but if i were to compare it to another sport i'll say baseball [i dont know the rules for that either]

You have a bowler who throws the ball, the batter hits it and runs back and forth between the stumps while the other team in the field get the ball the throws it back. If the other team catches it the batter is out. If it hits the stumps the batter is out. If the batter isnt at the stumps when the ball returns, you guest it, he's out.

I'm sure one of these guy who know the rules can explane it better. user added image

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 33 11-03-2003 , 08:48 PM
Well ... cricket is a game by played by 11 fools and watched by 11,000 fools - Bernard Shaw

it is a game born in England and played in asian countries and some african countries. Currently there is a world cup going on in South Africa. Guess who's gonna win .............. none other than India . ha ha :banana:

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
# 34 11-03-2003 , 10:58 PM
Was kinda suprised at last night's match with Aus v NZ. Australia were in big trouble at 7/83 butmanaged to get 208. I thought NZ had it in the bag but they only managed 112 (or there abouts).

# 35 12-03-2003 , 05:45 AM
Subscriber
Yeh it sucked aye Bond bowled so well only to be let down by the batsmen, we were so set up to win that!

Cricket, 11 players per team, 2 main forms of the game, the 50 over game called a one dayer, and the 5 day version called a Test Match.

One Dayers: each team gets a turn at batting, and fielding. 50 overs, each over consists of 6 balls (like a pitch in baseball I spose). Aim is for the batting team to score as many runs as possible in the allotted overs, and to not lose wickets, once you lose your wickets, 10 in total, your innings is over... You score by hitting the ball into gaps in the field and running to the other end of the pitch. counts as 1 run. You can also score 4's by hitting the ball to the boundary which is the outer ring of the field, or a 6 which is hitting it over the boundary on the full (like a home run).

Umm... The fielders aim is to restrict the score and to bowl the other team out, they do this by bowling the bastsmen, which is hitting the wickets which are behind the batsmen with the ball. Other ways are to catch the batsmen like baseball, to run the batsmen out which is by hitting the stumps with the ball while a batsmen is running and is not in his crease, which is a line about 1m from the stumps, a variation of the runout is the stumping where the wicket keeper will hit the stumps with the ball after a batsman has charged a ball and missed, leaving him out of his crease. Theres also leg before wicket where the batsmen is caught infront of his wickets and the ball hits his pads, this is tricky because the umpire has to determine if the ball would have proceeded to hit the wickets, if he decides it would have, he gives it out, if not its not out....

Thats the basic gist of the game, the test match version each team gets 2 innings basically unlimited time, well within 5 days, the game is much slower than 1 day and is for only the hardy cricket nuts user added image hehe.

# 36 12-03-2003 , 11:52 AM
Subscriber
AUSTRALIA IS ON TRACK user added image user added image : D

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 37 12-03-2003 , 09:27 PM
Subscriber
ya... but you dont expect them to win every match do you???

i know they are their peak form right now.... but hey, things could change you know.... i bet the finals are going to be between Aus and India, as India plays with kenya in the semi's, which india will play like a practise match and win.... but the finals... haha... mumbo and me... head to head

# 38 13-03-2003 , 01:42 AM
Subscriber
Kenya lol what the hell happened there, the points system is SERIOUSLY flawed!

anyone ever modelled a cricket player in Maya? user added image

# 39 13-03-2003 , 11:55 AM
Subscriber
tari i hope it comes to that hehe then i can rub it in for a while
--
early note: if australia looses mumbo will be taking a trip to the middle of the desert and hiding till it blows over

# 40 17-03-2003 , 10:40 PM
Subscriber
australia are the favorites right now... but look at the 1983 world cup, in which the west indies were the dead set favorites, but were thrashed all over the park by the Indians, cant say till now, as how the Indians will play in the first 5 overs will tell you exactly what the 50 (or gulp.. less) over score will be, if sachin starts smashing brett lee and mcgrath,,, you can kiss the kangaroos good bye

# 41 19-03-2003 , 12:20 PM
Subscriber
OK AUSTRALIAS THROUGH user added image user added image
--
and with sportsman ship like adam gilchrist showed what more could you want from a team