Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 21-02-2003 , 10:02 PM

Char: The head

Hi there again!!
I know that I posted a topic a couple of months ago...time has past and I've learnd many new things along the way...tough I'd post a couple of updates on the body and head... She will be rigged and animated!!

C&C are welcomed!! user added image

Beauty is worse than wine, it intoxicates both the holder and beholder - Immermann"
# 2 21-02-2003 , 10:06 PM
and the body...

Beauty is worse than wine, it intoxicates both the holder and beholder - Immermann"
# 3 21-02-2003 , 11:36 PM

re the head,

Hi,

Nice stuff indeed!

Would you mind rendering off a several pics (front, side and Threequarter) using a 50mm lens in Maya?

Portrait photographers often use between 50 and 80mm lenses when shooting portraits as the lens length more closely resembles the human Field or vision. (This is my understanding).

In short this will give a better (more readible) representation of the proportions enabling better criticism.

Also, try using GI Joe 2 for diffuse light and another one or two for key and (Rim lights to accentuate the silloette). This may give you softer lighting making your character even more attractive.

thanks

re Jim

Mayan elder......only in years.....
# 4 22-02-2003 , 04:38 AM
Simply Maya OG
Nice work. Your WAY ahead of me.

- Hybrid
# 5 23-02-2003 , 04:46 PM
Sorry about the delay!
Ok, don't mind the ear...i'm redoing it so no crit on the ear part!
Jim: I've tried GI Joe and the result is great, but for now when i'm doing test renders 2 directional lights and one Ambient seems to go just fint, GI Joe takes so much longer time to render!!! But I will use it my final renders!! user added image

I'm gonna add some wrinkles on the fore head and under the eye! Have tried a couple of hair methods but I need more time to experiment with thoose!

Cheers!!
/Chris

# 6 23-02-2003 , 04:59 PM
Looking good mate..... Only area's you might want to tweak a bit more is the eyebrows, make them a bit wider and the inside of the ear.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 7 23-02-2003 , 06:37 PM
Subscriber
The mouth is great, very sexy! user added image

I'd like to comment further, the shape of her cranium. More specificly the area above her eyebrowsk, which "should" be more distinct and not so rounded.

She actually reminds me of a girl I know. Oh, and I agree with the comments earlier about the ear.

Oh, and the eyes are a bit too wide apart. The ears should not, be a flat shape, I dunno how it really looks, but how about bending them a little outwards?

btw Great head!!!!

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 8 25-02-2003 , 03:15 AM
the body and face are hot. maybe add hair to the eyebrows.