Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 18-03-2003 , 03:00 AM

peeling label off a bottle

Hello all, I have a problem (again) that I hope you guys can help me with:

I need to make a label peel off a bottle and then fly off like a sheet of paper. The adjective used was "wispy" The bend deformer works great for the peeling, and I was looking to deform the label on a path for it's flight, but I can't seem to get the label onto the curve, properly oriented and positioned, without a jump in the animation. And even then, the label inverts itself when it loops.

Anyone with a better approach?

user added image

# 2 20-03-2003 , 03:20 PM
SM Alumni
Hi Calvin
motion paths can be a bit of a pain... to aviod the jump onto the path, snap the first vertex of the curve to where you are going to have the label peeling from.
take a look at the attached file to see how you could set it up (but using bones instead of the deformer) - its pretty crude, but may give you an idea user added image
hope this helps..