Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 19-03-2003 , 11:42 AM
Subscriber

Connection editor

Whenever I try to map something in connection editor all it says is message under what I have selected. in hypershade i mmb click and drag to the other node and then open the connection editor but no attributes are there what am i doing wrong. ????

# 2 19-03-2003 , 12:13 PM
Subscriber
when you middle mouse drag onto the texture node and the little box comes up - do you then select 'other' - if you do this should bring up the connection editor with all the possible connections. Alternatively, when mmb dragging onto the texture node - hold down 'SHIFT' and this shoudl also open up the connection editor with both sides of attributes

cheers

Rich
# 3 20-03-2003 , 05:16 AM
Subscriber
thanks i had to play with the hidden keys or something at the top to view all the attributes in connection editor. But hey I have another good one do you think Maya Fundamentals is worth the purchase is there anywhere I can find those type of extensive tuts online most people assume your not a complete newbie(like myself user added image-) i downloaded this tut https://www.aliaswavefront.com/en/Com...kUp/index.html ... but how do i texture the joints ....ty in advance

# 4 20-03-2003 , 06:42 PM
Subscriber
I don't think they have textured the joints - they have bound some mesh to the joints and textured that.

All the tuts you will need to start you can find here - there are loads of free ones and loads more which you need points for. The points are inexpensive and the tuts are v good!!

cheers

Rich