Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 07-04-2003 , 04:16 AM
Subscriber

Duplicating a particle emmiter

Subject Duplicating particle emission Edit Reply

Posted by mrcoolbp (Few Posts)
Posted on 04/05/03 08:10 PM

I just got a really cool blue fire (s/ware cloud) particle emmiter working. It even latched onto a previous animation of my space ship!

but when i tried to duplicate it (to make one on the other jet on the left side of the ship) the particles spit out like one per second instead of like 65 or not at all, AND it doesn't behave correctly at all!

I was trying to save some time instead starting from scratch and copying settings yadda yadda, but my method was taking so much time anyways because it WASN't working when i duplicated.

So i tried from scratch and just trying to use the same particles and i just can't seem to get it to work! i don't know whats wrong

anyone have any ideas?

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 2 07-04-2003 , 04:27 AM
In the docs, it says that when duplicating Particle Emiiters/Objects, to MAKE SURE that you have "Duplicate Upstream Connections" ON in the Duplicate Option boxuser added image

Hope that works for yauser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 07-04-2003 , 06:14 PM
Subscriber
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!!!!!!

Thx SO much man i knew it was something like that.

Actually i just fixed it love to show ya a pic but i don't know how to upload it, where is that link? its really purty blue plasma

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"

Last edited by Vectorman; 07-04-2003 at 07:04 PM.
# 4 07-04-2003 , 07:28 PM

Right here bud...

Gotta use this reply button if ya wanna upload somethinuser added image

Then, scroll down to the "Browse" button to grab yo file, and there ya gouser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 5 07-04-2003 , 08:12 PM
Subscriber
Hey thanks man! So this is from a movie that i'm doing the VFX for. ITS SOOO FUN. i'm really glad i got maya (maybe 3 weeks ago) and the whole thing is just coming together i'm sooo happy with the way it looks.

wOOt my first real 3d project!HERE YA GO!(to see more goto the link in my sig :banana:

Last edited by Vectorman; 13-04-2003 at 07:55 PM.
# 6 13-04-2003 , 01:23 AM
Whoohoo!

And welcome to the SimplyMaya world!

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 7 13-04-2003 , 01:42 AM
Subscriber
Thanx Rage Everyone has been very welcoming! This place ROX

Last edited by Vectorman; 13-04-2003 at 07:54 PM.
# 8 13-04-2003 , 02:44 AM
Why...yes it doesuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com